For long dogs have been falsely accused of eating the homework, we don’t really mind it as long as it saves our young friends from the teacher’s ire 🙂
Good old Calvin had quipped, “I go to school, but I never learn what I want to know.” I have always believed that teaching isn’t restricted to classrooms and lectures, real learning happens in the open world. If we look closely, we can learn from everybody and everything around us. Here, I would like to share an email forward on lessons from the dog.
1. Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joy ride.
2. Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
3. When loved ones come home, always run and greet them.
4. When it’s in your best interest, always practice obedience.
5. Let others know when they’ve invaded your territory.
6. Take naps and always stretch before rising.
7. Run, romp and play daily.
8. Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.
9. Be loyal.
10. Never pretend to be something you’re not.
11. If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
12. When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
13. Delight in the simple joys of a long walk.
14. Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
15. Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
16. On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
17. When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
18. No matter how often you are criticized, don’t buy into the guilt thing and pout. Run right back and make friends.