Revving up the new week, here are the best dog quotes from the ‘Dog with Blog’s facebook page’. There is something about these dog quotes that adds a tincture of humor to spruce up your day and at times the whimsical poignancy of the written word to caress you into a lullaby, with your dog by your side, of course!
Everyone in this frame is adopted; minus the lady 🙂
— Abhishek Joshi (@kaalicharan) March 16, 2017
Here are the 36 Best Dog quotes curated by cats:
- “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum.” (“Love me, love my dog.”) – St. Bernard, A.D. 1150, “Sermo Primus”
- A dog doesn’t care if you’re rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his. ~Marley & Me
- Dogs are the perfect people. They leave a mark, never a scar.
- “Did you ever see an unhappy horse? Did you ever see a bird that had the blues? One reason why birds and horses are not unhappy is because they are not trying to impress other birds and horses.”~Dale Carnegie
- One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you’re feeling blue is that he doesn’t try to find out why.
- A dog is the only thing that can mend a crack in your broken heart.
- A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. —George R. R. Martin
- “There is nothing in which the birds differ more from man than the way in which they can build and yet leave a landscape as it was before.” ~ Robert Lynd
- “Don’t walk in front of me, I may not follow.Don’t walk behind me, I may not lead.Walk beside me and be my friend.”- Albert Camus
- ‘The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.’—Andy Rooney
- “I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
- “Like all dogs, Skip was colorblind. He made friends easily with people of all races and origins. The town was segregated back then, but as we know, dogs are a whole lot smarter than people” ~My Dog Skip
- For me, a house becomes a Home when you add a set of four legs, a happy tail, and that indescribable measure of love that we call a Dog!
- “A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn’t care if you are rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he’ll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary.” ~ Marley & Me
- “And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with with your hair.” ~ Wonder if Kahlil Gibran said this for dogs 🙂
- “If you still think you are a young pup then you are, no matter what the calendar says” — John Grogan (Marley & Me: Love and Life with the World’s Worst Dog)
- “If you think dogs can’t count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two.” — Phil Pastoret
- “A dog can express more with his tail in seconds than his owner can express with his tongue in hours.”
- ‘Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen.’ —Orhan Pamuk
- “There never yet has been a dog who learned to double cross, nor catered to you when you won then dropped you when you lost.” —Mary Hale
- “Man is the only creature that consumes without producing. He does not give milk, he does not lay eggs, he is too weak to pull the plough, he cannot run fast enough to catch rabbits. Yet he is lord of all the animals. He sets them to work, he gives back to them the bare minimum that will prevent them from starving, and the rest he keeps for himself. — George Orwell, Animal Farm
- “Dogs never bite me. Just humans.” — Marilyn Monroe
- “Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.” — Sigmund Freud
- “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.” — Josh Billings
- “The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man’s.” — Mark Twain
— Abhishek Joshi (@kaalicharan) April 15, 2016
27. “When a man’s best friend is his dog, that dog has a problem.” — Edward Abbey
28. “My husband and I are either going to buy a dog or have a child. We can’t decide whether to ruin our carpet or ruin our lives.” — Rita Rudner
29. “Dog love is safer, perhaps more satisfying: Dogs can’t betray us, undermine us, tell us they’re angry or bored. Dogs can’t leave.” — John Katz
30. “A dog will teach you unconditional love. If you can have that in your life, things won’t be too bad.” —Robert Wagner
31. “Did you know that there are over three hundred words for love in canine?” —Gabrielle Zevin
32. “We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet; and amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog has made an alliance with us.” —Max DePree
33. “I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the silent devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source.” —Doris Day
34. “My dogs have been the reason I have woken up every single day of my life with a smile on my face.” —Jennifer Skiff
35. “Only my dogs will not betray me.” —Maria Callas
36. “A dog creates, transcribes, a new landscape for you. A dog like Colter sharpens your joy of all the seasons, and for a while, sometimes a long while, such a dog seems capable, by himself alone, of holding time in place–of pinning it, and holding it taught. And then when he is gone, it is as if the world is taken away.Dogs like that are young for what seems like a very long time….One you have lost a dog–especially the first you trained from a pup, the one you first set sail into the world with–you can never fully give of yourself to another dog. You can never again look at a dog you love without hedging a tiny bit, if only subconsciously, against the day when that dog, too, must leave. You can never again hunt or enter the future so recklessly, so joyously, with that weight of forethought….As I sleep restlessly, night after night, or more often, as I lie there awake, I can see him running and I feel guilty that I am not there to honor the birds he is finding… One way or the other, he is still out there running. He will never rest…. I will always want him to know a moment’s rest, and peace, and he will always know in his hot heart that the only peace to be gotten is by never resting, by always pushing on.He is my Colter…. I am still his, and he is still mine.” ― Rick Bass, Colter: The True Story of the Best Dog I Ever Had
So which is your favorite dog quote? Let us know.