While you should definitely visit the vet when your pet is showing any signs of something too serious to ignore but when it comes to common ailments, we suggest to explore the natural home remedies for your dog.
As a dog lover, you want nothing but the best for him. Natural remedies not only incur low costs but also come without any of the side effects of synthetics and chemicals.
But with so much literature available on diets and drugs, essential foods, choices and then some more – do you really know what’s best for your dog?
1. Jambira (Citrus Limon) is a natural deodorizer that has a refreshing citrus fragrance and is great for your dog.
2. Aloe Vera is as good for your dog as for you. It can be applied in case of minor burns, skin irritation etc.
3. Ushira (Vetiveria zizanioides) is a root which has insect repelling properties.
4. Tulasi (Ocium basilicum) is an herbal antiseptic and antibacterial which soothes and cools your pet’s coat.
5. Calendula flowers have anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties and can be used to treat wounds.
6. Ginger is effective to treat your dog’s upset tummy.
7. Hibiscus rosa-sinensis (Japapushpa) conditions and helps keep the coat healthy and shiny
8. Neem (Nimba) relieves itching, redness, and irritation. It combats bacterial and fungal skin infections, thus improving immunity against skin infections.
9. Eucalyptus (Tailaparni) has antiseptic and germicidal properties, which keep insects at bay and promote overall skin health. The essential oil of Eucalyptus also heals superficial cuts and wounds quickly.
10. Dill Oil (Anethum graveolans) eliminates gas formation. It promotes digestion by stimulating the secretion of digestive fluids like gastric juices, acids, and bile in the stomach. Dill Oil’s stimulates the salivary glands and aids in the primary digestion of food in the mouth.
11. Cardamom (Ela) relieves stomach bloating.
12. Flax Seed is rich in Omega fatty acids that support skin health in adult dogs.
13. Gokshura promotes overall fitness.
14. Drumstick supports joint health in dogs.
15. Carrot Flakes control stress in senior dogs.
16. Fennel Seed is a digestive stimulant that supports digestion in puppies.
17. Winter cherry (Asvagandha) supports the development of immunity in puppies. It is a unique herb that increases physiological endurance and protects against the effects of stress.
18. Giloy is used in multiple drug formulations and has multiple health benefits as it is anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic. Tinospora Gulancha (Guduchi) strengthens the immune system and builds the body’s resistance against infections. It is also helpful in reducing fever.
19. Sweet Flag (Vacha) improves blood circulation and alleviates swelling. The essential oil is an anti-inflammatory, which relieves pain and inflammation.
20. Mouktika Sukti (Calcium) strengthens bones in dogs and puppies.
21. Chicory (Kasani) is helpful in the treatment of an enlarged liver and protects against hepatic damage.
22. Caper Bush (Himsra) extract is administered to treat preliminary cases of acute viral hepatitis and cirrhosis of the liver.
23. The leaves of Shilapushpa (Didymocarpus pedicellata) contain an essential oil which supports the urinary tract.
24. The rhizome of Pasanabheda (Saxifraga Ligulata) helps in maintaining the normal urine flow.
25. Turmeric (Haridra) is highly effective in relieving pain. It is also an antiseptic that heals wounds quickly.
26. Indian Pennywort (Brahmi) relieves nervous irritation or agitation.
In addition to the above herbs and natural ingredients that are beneficial for your dog, we also recommend adding green lentils to your dog’s diet. Lentils are rich in protein, fiber, and lysine, an essential amino acid that can help boost the immune system.
We urge you to choose pet care products that are enriched with natural ingredients. Do you know which foods are safe for your dog?
Here’s wishing you and your dog health and happiness with the goodness of the herbs. Hope these natural home remedies for dogs would help save some of your time and effort on that vet visit.
Know of other natural home remedies for dogs? Please suggest in the comments below.